SD-User

RE: [SD-User] Very slow characters

To: <sd-user@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [SD-User] Very slow characters
From: "Zoltan Bordas" <borzol@sbelektronik.alphanet.ro>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 08:14:19 +0300
Hello Paul,

Seems it occures on the starting screens only
(contest defining and personal data entry panes).
Logging is done with no delays, but I did not
introduced more than 5...10 records. Hope that
will be no delays later with more QSOs, if this
persists only at the beginning, is acceptable. I
forgot yesterday, my processor I a P4 / 1.7GHz.

73 de Zoli / YO5CRQ

____

All outgoing&incoming emails scanned with NAV2003
Pro.
____

Behalf Of Paul O'Kane
> Sent: Monday, July 19, 2004 10:01 PM
> To: sd-user@contesting.com
> Subject: Re: [SD-User] Very slow characters
>
> Hello Zoli and others,
>
> > I have a problem using the new SD versions
10.x.
> > As I type characters in the program, they
appear very slow on the
> > screen (1...2 sec delay).
>
> Is this on the opening screen only, or does it
still happen
> when you are logging?
>
> I run SD here on a 330 MHz Win98 PC and there is
no delay at
> any time.  However on a 1.2 GHz WinXP Pro laptop
there are
> delays of about 0.5 of a second on the opening
screen, but no
> delays while logging.
>
> Has anyone else noticed delays, and at what
stage?

> 73,
> Paul EI5DI

er