SD-User

Re: [SD-User] Latest SDI.EXE

To: <sd-user@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [SD-User] Latest SDI.EXE
From: "Paul O'Kane" <pokane@ei5di.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 19:28:28 +0100
From: <sidwill@lineone.net>

> the ZAP command has gone AWOL.

I introduced the ZAP command for all programs in V10.02,
but had to remove it (in a hurry) for V10.09 because there
was a danger of file corruption.

It was reinstated in V10.13, but only for SD.  That was
a tough job, with some 200 lines of code.  You might ask
what's so difficult about deleting the last QSO and, for
most contest loggers, it's probably quite simple.

However, to maintain log integrity and consistency, SD
(together with SDI and the others) holds many tables and
indexes in memory, and I have to be careful to keep them
in sync with the log.

At the moment, I've no plans to restore ZAP to SDI and the
other programs.  Maybe when I give up the day job :-)

73,
Paul EI5DI