SD-User

Re: [SD-User] USB to Serial

To: SD-User@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [SD-User] USB to Serial
From: "Ian Greenshields" <ian.greenshields@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 4 May 2006 12:20:48 +0100
Check in the device manager on your computer to see which COM port number
has been assigned to the USB-serial converter. This is the COM port you need
to use when setting up SD. XP seems to assign ports in the 5 to 8 range, but
it's highly dependent on other USB devices & peripherals on the computer. I
think there's an upper limit on the COM port number that SD can handle, but
these should be OK. It almost certainly won't be COM1.

73 Ian G4FSU