SD-User

Re: [SD-User] orion & SD

To: "Les F" <g6ubm@tiscali.co.uk>, sd-user@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [SD-User] orion & SD
From: "Ian Greenshields" <ian.greenshields@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 7 May 2007 10:45:33 +0100
Hi Les,

For some reason my posts seem not to appear on the reflector. Sending this
to both.

Glad SD is tracking the frequency now. It should also track mode. I don't
think sending '20m', for example, is intended to switch the radio. This
simply allows the user to tell the software which band / mode to log. To
change band on the radio, you need to use the direct frequency entry mode -
just type the frequency into the callsign field. But...

The direct frequency entry seems only to work on a few radios. It doesn't
work on any Ten-Tec radios that I'm aware of, nor on the Yaesu FT-8x7
series. I think the set frequency command is hard coded in SD to assume it
is the same as the read frequency command, which I think is true of Kenwood
radios, but not many others. I cannot find any way of telling SD how to set
the frequency on Ten-Tec radios. Maybe Paul can comment.

Ten-Tec's new Omni VII uses the same command set as the Jupiter, so the
TT538 file should work with the Omni VII also.

73 Ian G4FSU