SD-User

Re: [SD-User] Problems setting up latest version SDC config

To: <sd-user@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [SD-User] Problems setting up latest version SDC config
From: "Paul O'Kane" <pokane@ei5di.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2010 10:07:02 -0000
From: "Graeme Caselton" <gcaselton@yahoo.com>

> Just downloaded SDC ready for this weekend.
>
> Ran program for first time and when entering radio 1 cw port
> as 5 and control port as 4, I get "com port 4 [and 5] does not
> exist or is busy".

To test this I downloaded SDC from the website, to an existing
folder.  I got the same error message when I tried the PORTS
command.

I then downloaded SDC to a new folder (specified during
installation).  The version number is 14.31.  That worked.

I tried it again to a second new folder, and that worked.

I can't explain why it doesn't work in all circumstances,
but I'd recommend you download it again to a new folder,
and try again.

73,
Paul EI5DI