SD-User

Re: [SD-User] 64 bit

To: SD-User@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [SD-User] 64 bit
From: Timothy McKnight <ei2ka.tim@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2013 14:52:41 +0000
Hi Andrew,

After lightning killed my XP Pro machine, I've just installed SD v16.12 on
my new PC running Win 7 Pro/64-bit and SD seems to be working well.

The first installation worked only in Demo mode but once I changed the
SD.key file to remove a spurious additional .txt extension that Win 7 had
given it (but had hidden from view), it works fine.  I've had this problem
before which is why I mention it.  If you're having this same problem and
can't see the full file names, try a Google search with the phrase "show
file extensions" and you will quickly find a reference for your version of
Windows with instructions how to make the file extensions visible.

73 de Tim Ei2KA

On 20 February 2013 10:58, Andrew <boy251144@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello All;
> Wonder if anybody was running SD on 64-bit WIN7/8 ??
> Regards; Andrew vk2ar

from Tim McKnight, Ei2KA