SD-User

Re: [SD-User] K3 DVR

To: sd-user@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [SD-User] K3 DVR
From: Paul O'Kane <pokane@ei5di.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2013 14:49:41 +0100
On 22/10/2013 12:21, John Huffman wrote:

I'm trying to do my CQ WW SSB setup. Mainly a CW guy so this will be my first time to try the K3's DVR in a contest.

ESM is not fully implemented for SSB.  However, it
is possible to replay the K3's voice keyer memories
(1 to 4) using F1 to F4 (with Caps Lock On).

I'd recommend not trying to use ESM, instead use the
F1 to F4 keys to play the voice memories as follows.

M1 : CQ Contest K1ESE - as in RUN mode
M2 : Thanks K1ESE - as in RUN mode
M3 : K1ESE - as in S&P mode
M4 : Thanks Five Nine Oh Five - as in S&P mode

That should work - even though it does mean extra
keystrokes compared to what ESM would provide.

If you're mostly calling other stations, F3 and F4
will do what's needed.  If you press the wrong key
at any time, Esc will stop voice playback.

73,
Paul EI5DI