SD-User

[SD-User] Feature Request

To: sd-user@contesting.com
Subject: [SD-User] Feature Request
From: John Huffman <hjohnc@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2013 17:21:24 -0500
Paul -

I hope all is well with you.

I have a request. I type slowly. On SSB I can type the call into the computer as I say the call at the same time. I control the timing. On CW I have to complete the call and press enter before It gets sent. That produces too much delay when running and a lot of pressure on my end. Thus, I tend to S&P. I know running is where the big scores are.

I know SD logger has a provision to start sending after you enter three letters of the call, but you still need to finish the call within a certain time. More pressure.

I have a suggestion that would make SD really shine for me and others in my situation. No other logger offers this that I am aware of. The suggestion assumes using Winkey, but should do fine with your internal keyer.

OK, that's enough build up. I suggest that SD send the letters of the callsign as I type them into the program, but wait until I hit enter to send the rest of the exchange. That way I control the timing.

Thanks for listening.

73 de K1ESE
John