SD-User

[SD-User] Help with SD please

To: sd-user@contesting.com
Subject: [SD-User] Help with SD please
From: Gary Stone <n5phtgs@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2017 17:46:12 -0500
OK,  I have ordered the following item (just today so it is not here yet):

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CW-USB-Interface-Cable-WINKEYER-compatible-3-5mm-plug-/132121085623?hash=item1ec307c6b7:g:up8AAOSw241YeTei

I have the Kenwood TS-590S.

I am not interested in complete rig control but want to use this interface
above for sending CW from the SD program.  I have been using just my paddle
and want to try this from the SD software.

I have read the manual time and time again but still lost - I hate to admit
I have little experience in using a keyboard or any software commands to
send CW or how to set it up to do that.

I am hopeful some CWOps members maybe on this reflector that use SD for the
weekly CWT events?  That would be very helpful.

I just want to be able to set it up to do the CWT and in my way of thinking
I would be using the SD program to send out a TEST de N5PHT and then
sending the exchange of course which is normally name and member number.

Do I use a F key or what to tell the software SD to send CW?  You can see I
am lost....

Anyone using SD for the CWT or any contest I suppose that uses winkeyer (or
the scaled down version noted above that I have ordered) with the Kenwood
TS590S?

thanks in advance

Gary, N5PHT

*                                ** Gary Stone ***
*                                Ham Op N5PHT*
*                                ** CWOps 1489 ***
*                               Retired Fed Gov*
* "If a Man Don't take care of what he has he ought not have"*