SD-User

Re: [SD-User] SOS pse

Subject: Re: [SD-User] SOS pse
From: Timothy McKnight <ei2ka.tim@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2018 20:20:21 +0000
Hi Ian,

Paul may give you a better answer than this but it is very easy to edit a
Cabrillo log using Microsoft's Notepad or some other text editor.

Process both files as normal using SDCheck, and you get two separate
xxx.log files.  Open both xxx.log files using Notepad (open Notepad and use
the open command to open the files in question).  Select and cut the 16
QSOs from the first file and past them in (that is, paste them over) the
faulty QSOs in the longer file.  Check that all the columns are right and
nothing has been left out.  Save the revised file and you are in business.

Good luck,

Tim Ei2KA

On 11 March 2018 at 20:00, ian via SD-User <sd-user@contesting.com> wrote:

>  At the end of my first 2 hour session in the BERU test I wrongly entered
> a call in the log for which no QSO ensued. I put /Z after the call and it
> duly disappeared after restarting SD. However I found that the program had
> restarted the log at QSO 001 and therefore it was impossible to continue.
> After flapping a bit I created a new log in SD with 16 dummy QSOs in it to
> bring it up to the correct serial number and then continued to the end of
> the contest.
>
> I now have a log in two parts with all the corresponding files. The first
> log is CC2018 with 16 valid QSOs and the second is CC2018B with the
> remaining 85 valid QSOs plus the initial 16 dummy QSOs to bring the QSO
> tally and numbering in line. The first valid QSO has the wrong time due to
> the muddle following the discovery that the QSO numbers had restarted at
> 001.
>

> 1. I assume I can /Z to remove the dummy QSOs in log CC2018B
> 2. Is there any way of correcting the wrong time of one QSO?
> 3. Will there be any way of merging the two logs to make a Cabrillo entry?
>
> Advice please
>
> Ian G3KZR
>

> iansdavies@aol.com

from Tim McKnight, Ei2KA