SD-User

[SD-User] SD and WKmini

To: Paul O'Kane <pokane@ei5di.com>, sd-user@contesting.com
Subject: [SD-User] SD and WKmini
From: Nigel Hoyow <nigelhoyow@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Apr 2020 00:37:46 -0500
Hi Paul / sd-user group,

Thanks for putting me straight about the speed command it now works like a charm after I restored the original ini file that I was messing with. ... but.... When I start up SD everything falls into place with winkey on com3 etc and everything loads up and goes to the first callsign position. How do I get it into transmit mode without having to type "ESM" ? or else it just sites there and does nothing after I type in the first call.  I don't see any other command to start it up apart from the ESM command for run and s&p.  When I start to type the first callsign it does not automatically go into transmit at that point but will log the "contact" without transmitting and then it sits and looks at me again to enter the second contact. Everything appears okay and It is showing what appears to be the correct parameters - ^ sign at the beginning of the line and also showing the speed and CW mode below.  So technically I should just be able to type in a callsign and SD should start sending ?  What do I do at this point other than issue the ESM command ? I took down the picture - message to large.

Reply to my questions to K1EL re connecting a bug:

_It looks right, the bug is wired across the keyer output, since the keyer output is open drain, the paddle will not bother the keyer._