[SECC] W4BCV CQ 160 SSB score

Subject: [SECC] W4BCV CQ 160 SSB score
From: thompson@mindspring.com (David L. Thompson)
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2002 06:07:48 -0500
The wife let me off from wedding details for a few hours but I missed the EU
openings.  Wish I had the MULTEE back up so I could run
the 8877 amp.  I varied between the Yaesu and the Icom.  The Yaesu is great
on RX and the Icom is too wide for 160 but the icom handled the 40 meter
beam thru the tuner better.  I worked all states except KH6 and KL7 (heard
both well) but 50 to 60 watts got me CT3 but not
KL7Y or KH6. I normally use the beam through a Palomar pre-amp as a Rx
antenna and I hear everything seems it works Ok on TX too. The pre-amp still
has W7 and EU marked on it by Don N4IN.  Sure nice to vary the signal to
noise ratio.

Here is the claimed score

218 QSOs  520 points  48 states, 5 VE provinces, 7 DXCC   31,200 according
to writelog V 10.22.

Worked N4UK, WA4TII, and W4NTI.

73 Dave K4JRB  at W4BCV