[SECC] SS CW

Subject: [SECC] SS CW
From: james.nail at earthlink.net (james.nail@earthlink.net)
Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2005 21:12:48 -0500
This is the way I look at it.  A few months ago on 40CW I did 1050 Q's in
about 20 hours during Field Day.  That was with some intermod, LP, but with
a yagi pointed north 90% of the time.  Now we all know Field Day is not THE
single op contest that SS is.  And there are better operators during SS.
Plus that was one band not several.  That was 40CW during the summer months,
considerably nosier than now.  So if the bands are relatively quiet, I'm all
for giving this a shot in the arm.  I honestly can't recall how many Q's I
had when I was a kid (remember the PID KID and the KID KID?), but I do know
when I have friends in the club (BADXC then), I had a lot more fun and a
challenge is always worth raising your head high or hangin' it low
afterward!  So friends let's go for it.  I won't be around for the challenge
tonight, I'll need the rest!  QRZ'ed SS.