[SECC] NAQP CW AA4LR Single Op LP

Subject: [SECC] NAQP CW AA4LR Single Op LP
From: aa4lr at arrl.net (Bill Coleman)
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 23:49:43 -0500

Team: SECC #3

Comments:

Antennas:
A3S/A743 at 15m (20m, 40m)
Shunt-fed 15m tower (80m)

Equipment:
Elecraft K2/100 w/ KAT100

Comments:

Ten years ago, encouraged by W4AN, I entered the NAQP CW. I sat in a
cold,unheated basement with my rig temporarily set up on a table,
myself wrapped up in blankets to keep warm. I had hastily put up a
low 80m dipole at about 15 feet. It was the first CW contest I had
entered in over six years. I later made the confession on CQ-Contest
that I still copied CW on paper.

That entry was a lot of hard work - 10 hours at the rig resulted in
120 QSOs - all S & P.

--

Ten years later, things are very different. In just a little over 2
hours of effort, I made the same number of QSOs. All head copy, much

Lots of fun. My only regret was that my schedule only allowed me
about 2 hours to operate.

Posted using 3830 Score Submittal Forms at: http://www.hornucopia.com/
3830score/

Bill Coleman, AA4LR, PP-ASEL        Mail: aa4lr at arrl.net