IMO POST needs a change

Subject: IMO POST needs a change
From: km9p@contesting.com (Bill Fisher, KM9P)
Date: Sun, 8 Sep 1996 10:10:31 -0400 (EDT)
One little thing that bothers me about using TRLog is POST contest
processing.  The ONLY thing that bothers me about it is that it doesn't
group the contest files it creates by name.  A better solution is when POST
runs to ask the user to enter a file prefix name.  (Example:  NASP896)  Then
when I run through all of the POST contest log processing it saves all of
the files to this name prefix if saving to disk.

Example:

*.BRK           Breakdown
*.SUM           Summary sheet
*.ARL           ARRL Format
*.PRN           Printable log format
*.BCI           Band Change Info
*.DUP           Dupe sheet

In this way the program does a nice clean job of organizing my files for me.
When I want to find breakdown sheets for all the sprints I've ever done I
dont have to remember what format I was trying to maintain.  The program
does it for me.  I just search for *.BRK and I find them.

I hope the rest of you see it this way.... I personally would rather spend
less time after the contest trying to organize all my contest files to
naming formats I have to try to remember.

| Contesting Online... The ultimate           |
| source of ham radio contest information     |
| http://www.contesting.com                   |