QSOs field(s) includes dupes

Subject: QSOs field(s) includes dupes
From: devans@lynx.colorado.edu (D. R. Evans)
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 1996 09:48:31 -0700
> On 10 Dec 96 at 1:53, Tom Thompson <tom@iquest.com> wrote:

> The QSOs field at the top of the screen includes "0 point" qso's (dupes
> in most contests).  It would be nice to have a log.cfg statement to
> specify the totals should not include 0 pointers.  It could also apply
> to the "this hour" field.

I agree and disagree.

I don't think it's bad to have the zero pointers show up. After all,
they are QSOs, even if they don't count. (And they _might_ count as
mults even if they don't give you points.) But I have been gnawing at
Tree (does one gnaw at trees?) off-and-on for a long time that TR should
not count dupes in the QSO total. By definition, _one_ of the two QSOs
is busted, so why count them both?

To date, Tree has ignored my requests, but perhaps if others feel the
same way that I do, he might change his mind. It has been known to
happen. :-)

(Also, it would make it easier to compare QSO counts with those
stone-age stations using that other piece of software.)

D.R. Evans N7DR / G4AMJ :       devans@lynx.colorado.edu
Member, 1997 Nebula Novel Jury   al019@freenet.uchsc.edu

"Palindor Chronicles" information and extracts:
   http://spot.colorado.edu/~romigj/drevans.html