[TRLog] Partial Call Question & FD comments -Reply

Subject: [TRLog] Partial Call Question & FD comments -Reply
From: TomSh@firsthealth.com (Tom Schaefer)
Date: Tue, 01 Jul 1997 15:09:44 -0700
Thanks for the reply. If this is the case, then if I sent to you K5 2A UT
would that be clear that I need a fill. I was wondering if the question mark
should be in there. Perhaps a different key could send the <call window>
then the exchange and put the program in the right mode to accept their
exchange and fixed call. Of course, if the partial without the question
mark is OK, then leave it be.

Tom

>>> george fremin iii <geoiii@bga.com> 07/01/97 01:11pm >>>
snip
Tom Said
>Does one ever send the exchange without knowing the complete call?

George said
Yes I do.  Not being the CW op that Tree is I miss the
entire callsign more often (I am getting better) and as
a result I find it more important to maintain the rhythm
so I just enter the the few letters I copied and hit the
<enter> key.  I think it is even more important to do it
this way when you are DX because the rhythm is everything
to keeping the pile-up in order and keeping the rate up.

The same is true for ssb.

--

George Fremin III
Austin, Texas C.K.U.     "It is hard to be in one place at the same time."