[TRLog] Field Day Rules

Subject: [TRLog] Field Day Rules
From: lrod@pobox.com (lrod@pobox.com)
Date: Sun, 3 May 1998 03:50:35 +0000
> Has this been covered yet?  See May QST page 108. Major changes.
> They now count all CW bands as one CW band.  You can work a CW
> station only once for all the CW bands. Otherwise you have a dupe.
> Same rules for phone and packet bands. Is this correct??

That's not how I read it. I think what they are trying to accomplish is
everything not voice and not CW is digital. CW is still "CW", and everything
voice is "phone." Each mode segment counts as a separate band, thus 80 CW, 80
SSB (just like always) and 80 digital are 3 separate bands.

Then under 6.3, it specifically says, "A station may be worked once on each
band."

6.6, which at first appears troublesome (it says only one transmitter per band)
is really business as usual, since under 6.3, each mode is counted as a
separate band.

The big changes actually involve packet and VHF. No more digipeating for
packet contacts. No more bonus points for packet. No more bonus points for
VHF.

Do others read it that way?

73, Rod N4SI
     The DXer formerly known as N9AKE