[TRLog] .DOM Problem Update

Subject: [TRLog] .DOM Problem Update
From: n6tr@teleport.com (Tree N6TR)
Date: Tue, 1 Sep 1998 06:42:06 -0700 (PDT)
> I have attached the pacty.dom file I created. The following ten mults will not
> be recognized by TRLOG: BUX, CMB, CRN, DCO, INN, MOE, MGY, MTR, NHA and NUM. I
> tried it with v. 6.0 and 6.2 with the same result. I created a similar .DOM
> file for Illinois and experienced the same thing - about ten mults wouldn't be
> recognized. It really is weird as they show as mults when entered in a
> simulated contest but the cum mult indicator doesn't increment and when you do
> a CTRL L after entering them all, they no longer show as mults in the log. In
> my .DOM files the left side of the equal sign is never all caps so those ten
> shouldn't be confused as DX. Besides, the other 57 mults work just fine! Maybe
> you can spot something. Thanks.
>
> John, N6MU
>
> Beaver =3D BEA
> Bedfor =3D BED
> Berks  =3D BER
> Blair  =3D BLA
> Bradfo =3D BRA
> Bucks  =3D BUX
> Butler =3D BUT

When TR processes the QSOs going off the top of the editale log window,
it looks at the multiplier to figure out what it is.  If you had entered
"BUX" manually, it would find that the mult is Bucks and process it that
way.  When it finds "Bucks" for the mult, it doesn't know what multiplier
that is.  This can be fixed by changing the entry for Bucks as shown:

Bucks = BUX, BUC.

Probably the other cases that don't work can be fixed the same way.

Tree