[TRLog] Footswitch, PTT, and DVP

Subject: [TRLog] Footswitch, PTT, and DVP
From: DaveBushong@iname.com (Dave Bushong)
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 1999 09:24:13 -0500
Hi everyone,

Over the weekend I moved the connection of my footswitch to go to the
parallel port, instead of directly to the mic connector like it used to
be.  I was unable to get it to activate the radio's PTT line (all other
functions worked, so I know it's wired in OK and that TR sees it OK).
Apparently the reason is that I don't have a PTT line (output) hooked up
from the parallel port; I have been using the PTT on the DVP to key my
voice transmitter, and use QSK for CW.

My question is this: can I make TR use the DVP board to activate the PTT
line, or do I need to run a separate (and redundant) PTT output line
from the parallel port?

I want to be able to hold the footswitch down, say "W1XYZ", hit return,
and then have the DVP board use my pre-recorded message to say "QSL, MY
EXCHANGE IS bla bla bla" and log it.  That's what I had been doing up
until this weekend.  I guess I can run the extra line, which will have
the effect of knowing which transmitter to key if I use two, but it
seems like there should be a way to use the existing PTT line on the DVP
cable.

Thanks for any insight,

73,
Dave KZ1O