[TRLog] Worked-all-TR?

Subject: [TRLog] Worked-all-TR?
From: dl2zav@qsl.net (Udo Lautenbach DL2ZAV)
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 1999 23:49:09 +0100

 -----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: CPreddy@aol.com <CPreddy@aol.com>
An: trlog@contesting.com <trlog@contesting.com>
Datum: Mittwoch, 3. März 1999 00:28
Betreff: [TRLog] Worked-all-TR?

>True story. Before ARRL DX I tweaked my config file using Notepad.
Everything
>seemed fine, but then I decided to experiment (character flaw among
us
>scientists).
>Using the ctrl-J menu I set the MOUSE ENABLE = TRUE, used ctrl-W to
write the
>change, and played with mousing through the band map (didn't care
for it - too
>touchy). At some point I probably dropped out and restarted. On my
next Q I
>grandly struck the enter key and heard my exchange go out as "5NN
NYMOUSE
>ENAB..". I smashed the ESC key before finding out how it sends "=".
Upon
>investigation I found that I had somehow removed or omitted the CR
character
>from the end of the last .CFG line, which happened to be "S&P
EXCHANGE ="

I noticed this too. Since I am now aware of that my editor does not
add a CR and TR doesn't either, I do it manually, but when quickly
editing during running a contest, it can be forgotten. I'd rather
have my logcfg.dat with some extra blank lines as added when
programming messages with ALT-P.

>because the only way I know to change this is by direct file
editing (yuck).

Try ALT-P O 8

>The write-changes function did what it was supposed to and appended
the
>command.
>
>Which sparks this idea. How about a Worked-all-TR contest where the
exchange
>consists of TR configuration statements? 25 points per statement,
plus 1
>point for every response like "EH?", multiplied by 100 x your
current TR
>version number. Deduct 5 points for every worthless "5NN" sent, add
100 bonus
>points for receiving statements like "MY FAVORITE LOGGER = TR",
then divide by
>the sum of the MHz rating of your CPU and the number of keypresses
required to
>run the contest. First prize: a week in Boring, Ore., second prize:
two weeks.

>See you in the WATR!
>
>Carl, KU2N

ROTFL