[TRLog] CW keying cable problems???

Subject: [TRLog] CW keying cable problems???
From: Clive_Whelan@compuserve.com (Clive Whelan)
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 1999 18:53:21 -0500

David,

<< I have considered a shielded 2N2222A
or equivalent transistor. What is your suggestion? >>

Only solution is to keep the RF out of the shack in the first
place, anything else will fail ultimately.

I have had, and occasionally do suffer the same problem, since I
have tuned feeders in the shack as I have to make one piece of
wire work on six bands ( 9 outside of contests!).

If you are doing the same, try locating the balun outside the
shack and run coax into the tuner inside. otoh If you suffer
that problem with flat lines, then you really  have a serious
problem, and some fundamental re-engineering is called for.

Prevention not cure is the keynote I think.

73

Clive
GW3NJW
Clive Whelan