[TRLog] Wishlist

Subject: [TRLog] Wishlist
From: tegennett@SMLY-01.HFS.PURDUE.EDU (Tim Gennett)
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 1999 09:43:59 +0000
As long as we're talking new features.....

If you spend a lot of time in S&P mode in SS Phone, you also
spend a lot of time hitting the escape key or the backspace key.
The sequence goes like this:

Hear a station; don't recognize call; type in first few letters of
callsign; see station show up as a dupe; hit escape key to clear
call window (or backspace the requisite number of times) AND tune
up or down to look for another station to work.  Towards the middle
or end of the contest, this happens A LOT.

How about a feature that would automatically clear the call window
if you tune up or down more than a specified number of Hz?  This
would be similar to the AUTO S&P ENABLE feature used in the
Sprints, which switches you from CQ mode to S&P mode if you
tune up or down more than 1 KHz in 1 second.