[TRLog] Ctrl-Enter in 2-radio mode

Subject: [TRLog] Ctrl-Enter in 2-radio mode
From: n4gn@n4gn.com (Tim Totten, N4GN)
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2001 22:02:01 -0500 (EST)
>From what I can tell, <Ctrl>-<Enter> works just like <Enter> at the end of
a QSO on the second radio in 2-radio mode.  Suppose I'm running on radio
1, and I have a QSO lined up to work on radio 2.  I hit the space bar, TR
Log dumps my call in on the second radio and starts my Alt-F3 message on
radio 1.  So far so good.  The guy I called sends his exchange.  Still
O.K.  Then, for whatever reason, I send something by hand, including the
exchange at the end (like "UR LOUD TIM KY").  Granted, I should have just
sent "UR LOUD" and hit <Enter>.  But I didn't.

So now I'd like to log the QSO on radio 2 (without sending any CW) and
start the CQ on radio 1.  I would expect <Ctrl>-<Enter> to do just that,
but it always sends the exchange on radio 2, which gets a bit messy.  I
usually end up pounding the <Esc> key a couple times before I un-confuse
myself.

Is there a way to log without sending CW on radio 2 in this situation?

Also, does anyone else get erratic numbers in the "band change" block in
2-radio mode?  I don't really have any interest in tracking the number of
band changes during a contest, but I have noticed that when I do look at
it, the number might be 29 one time, 314 a few minutes later, and back to
172 a few minutes after that.  Strange.

73,

Tim Totten, n4gn@n4gn.com
http://www.n4gn.com