[TRLog] Cabrillo for M/2

Subject: [TRLog] Cabrillo for M/2
From: mikeh@airflash.com (Mike Heideman)
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2001 16:48:06 -0800
I don't think you're going to be able to do this with POST.  You need to track
baton-passing where it's actually possible for any of your TX's to be either TX1
or TX2 at any given time.  Unfortunately any competitive M/2 station is likely
to have this problem with additional rigs set up to quickly move to another band
or to S&P for new mults or Qs between CQs on one of the run bands.

At W6YX we worked only 3 third-radio contacts in NAQP, so after the contest I
just figured out which TX they should be based on band and edited the log before
running it through POST.  We started with Qs on computers A, B, and C and ended
up with just A and C.  With 4 different computer IDs, you will most likely have
to trace the handoffs through the entire log and potentially edit almost every
contact.  You could also write a script in Perl or equivalent which uses
knowledge of the contest rules to determine which assignments follow the rules.
Or... Tree could put this logic into POST and save all of us the trouble.

It's probably a little too late for this now, but I assume that during the
contest you could start out with only two different values for COMPUTER ID on
the four computers and use CTRL-J to edit the COMPUTER ID whenever a handoff
requires a change.  This would require all ops to be quite experienced with TR
and even then it would be very easy to forget to switch.

Good luck editing your log.

-Mike, N7MH