[TRLog] How are Alt-P messages recorded when using SBDVP?

Subject: [TRLog] How are Alt-P messages recorded when using SBDVP?
From: mikeh@airflash.com (Mike Heideman)
Date: Fri, 09 Nov 2001 20:54:04 -0800
I've been busy trying to get TR set up for Phone SS.  I'm trying to use
SBDVP to make a cheap voice keyer.  I'm able to record messages using
CTRL-F? for F1 through F10, but can't seem to record the other messages
that come up in the Alt-P menu.  For example, with Alt-P/O, I'd like to
record the QSL message.  I enter the number and QSL.DVP appears in the
window for editing

If I hit Alt-R, then it will play the message, but Alt-W doesn't seem to
do anything.  What am I doing wrong?  I worked around this by recording
to F6 and then copying CQF6.DVP to QSL.DVP after I'd saved it outside of
TR.  There must be a way to directly record these messages, but I'm
stumped.

Prepare for an onslaught of questions from me.  I've discovered that if
I put them all into one message then some of them never get answered.
It's also easier for people to search for issues on the reflector if
each one has a descriptive title.

-Mike, N7MH