[TRLog] Splitting a serial port & NETWORKING

Subject: [TRLog] Splitting a serial port & NETWORKING
From: ua9cdc@r66.ru (Igor Sokolov)
Date: Sun, 23 Jun 2002 00:11:17 +0600
I would like to second Bob I2WIJ as far as TCP/IP LAN is conserned. LAN
cards are a lot cheaper and easier to find nowdays then additional serial
ports or USB to COM converters.
The network continue to be operational when one of the computers in the
network is down.
It will also (I think) make it easier to feed spots from the Internet into
TRlog. It will allow use of wireless LAN as well. It will free COM ports for
other tasks like radio control, rotator control etc. It will speed up the
transfer of information and possibly will help to develope the ability of
TRlog network to synchronize logs on all the computers. It would be ideal to
have both options available.

Igor UA9CDC