[TRLog] TR RTTY - can't transmit message buffers

Subject: [TRLog] TR RTTY - can't transmit message buffers
From: k4ro@k4ro.net (K4RO Kirk Pickering)
Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2002 23:41:32 -0500
On Tue, Oct 08, 2002 at 10:34:36PM +0000, VR2BrettGraham wrote:
> Sorry, I guess I didn't make myself clear - that doesn't stop the
> PK232 from thinking there is something left in its buffer - it just
> makes sure that what is in the buffer gets cleared before going
> into transmit the next time (TC = transmit buffer clear for PK232).

OK, I believe I've got it now.  Essentially, I can just ignore
the "***Transmit Data Remaining" message, knowing that the buffer
is being properly cleared before each transmission.  That seems to
be the case in practice here.

Is there a way to have TR send "brag files?"  It seems that
the F-keys are limited to 70 characters or so.  I suppose
one could program one line per F-key, but that sounds like
a rather poor solution.

As an aside, I just performed the two mods for the PK-232 for
170 Hz shift alignment and the threshold detector improvement.
It seems to have really cleaned things up on receive.

-Kirk  K4RO