[TRLog] INPUT CONFIG FILE vs STDCFG.DAT

Subject: [TRLog] INPUT CONFIG FILE vs STDCFG.DAT
From: jimsmith@shaw.ca (Jim Smith)
Date: Thu, 05 Dec 2002 12:14:08 -0800
Hi Mike,

Here's a reason.

Use stdcfg.dat for items which don't change from contest to contest.

Make up an Input Config File for each contest for those items which are
specific to that contest.  For example, TR provides canned CW messages
and menus for some contests and not for others.  In any event, I have
come to prefer my own messages and menus to some of those built in to TR.

To give you the idea, my Input Config File for ARRL SS CW follows. I
call it ARRLSSCW.icf.  I keep my .icf files in a separate directory from
everything else.  I call the directory _ICFs.  Please be aware that this
is a work in progress and there's lots of stuff about TR that I haven't
figured out yet so don't take any of the comments as gospel.  Not only
that, one or two things in here don't do what they are supposed to do.
 Also, some of the formatting didn't translate too well when copying the
file into Netscape.

Hope this is useful to you.

73 de Jim Smith    VE7FO

;    Friday, November 15, 2002 17:15
;    TRLog ARRL SweepStakes CONTEST SPECIFIC ITEMS FOR VE7FO

;    Modelled on CQWW.icf 021025  1614

;    Split into Phone and CW .icfs    Friday, November 15, 2002 11:10

;    SET TEXT EDITOR TAB SPACING TO 2
;    PRINT THIS IN COURIER 10pt

; NOTES
;
;    TRLog ignores everything on each line which comes after a semicolon
(";")
;    Some commands below have a ; in front of them.  TR will ignore them
;        To activate the command delete the semicolon
;        To deactivate the command put a ; at the beginning of the line

;
+===================================================================================+
; |                                START OF
COMMANDS                                  |
;
+===================================================================================+

; FUNCTION KEY SETUP

; FUNCTION KEY LABELS FOR CW MENUS  ==================================
;    Watch out.  If too many characters in menu, none of them will be
displayed
;        This is due to be fixed in, I think, 6.65 or 6.66.

; CQ CW FUNCTION KEY LABELS

;    Test menus
;    CQ MENU = LOADED FROM ARRLSSCW.icf
;    EX MENU = LOADED FROM ARRLSSCW.icf

;    Menu for CW test, not using SO1.5R
;    CQ MENU = F1/2-CQ F3-Ex F4-TU F5-HisCall+? F6-7FO F7-QRS F8-Agn
F9-? F10 Keybrd CW

;    Menu for CW test, using SO1.5R
    CQ MENU = F1/2-CQ F3-Ex F4-TU F5-HisCall+? F6-7FO  ALT{F1-B>Run
F2-A>Run F3-WrkMult}

; EXCHANGE CW FUNCTION KEY LABELS

;    Menu for CW test, not using SO1.5R
;    EX MENU = 1-7FO 2-Ex 3-# 4-Pr 5-Ck 6-Sec 7-QRS 8-Agn 9-? 10-KB
CtlF1-F6 GetHis  AF10-CfmCl

;    Menu for CW test, using SO1.5R
    EX MENU = 1-7FO 2-Ex 3-# 4-Pr 5-Ck 6-Sec 7-QRS 8-Agn 9-? 10-KB  ALT
<F1-Run on B  F3-WrkMult>

; FUNCTION KEY MEMORY SETUP - CW
==================================

; OTHER CW MESSAGES    (ALT-P-O)

;    CALL OK NOW CW MESSAGE                                    ;
Taken care of in stdcfg.Dat
;    CQ CW EXCHANGE = _# A <06>\<13> 53 BC        ; Contest dependent
SS done by TR

            ;        Use this if want to speed up sending of call

            ;        Why isn't responder's call shown? (@)
;    CQ CW EXCHANGE NAME KNOWN =                            ;    Blanked
by stdcfg.dat.  May be set

            ;        by logcfg.dat

            ;    Blank
;    QSL CW MESSAGE = TU \ SS>                                ;
Overrides stdcfg.Dat if used
;    QSO BEFORE CW MESSAGE                                        ;
Taken care of in stdcfg.Dat
;    QUICK QSL CW MESSAGE                                        ;
Taken care of in stdcfg.Dat
;    REPEAT S&P CW EXCHANGE =                                 ;    Same
as S&P.  Taken care of by TR in SS

            ; Contest dependent
;    S&P CW EXCHANGE                                                 ;
Contest dependent.  Taken care of by TR in SS
;    TAIL END CW MESSAGE                                            ;
Taken care of in stdcfg.Dat

; CQ FUNCTION KEYS    (ALT-P-C)

    CQ MEMORY F1 = CQSS  CQSS DE  \  \  SS>
                                                        ; Extra space
between calls and before SS.  Have heard
                                                        ;     too many
guys running the whole thing together.
                                                        ; Tried with K
at end but people started answering
                                                        ;        while
the K was being sent so missed the start
                                                        ;        of
their calls.
                                                        ;
    CQ MEMORY F2 = \ SS>
;    CQ MEMORY F3 = _NR # A \ 53 BC    ; Set by TR in SS
    CQ MEMORY F4 = TU                    ;    Not set by ALT-P O QSL CW
MESSAGE

; EXCHANGE FUNCTION KEYS    (ALT-P-E)

;    Memories F3 to F6 set by TR in SS
    EX CW MEMORY F3 = NR #
    EX CW MEMORY F4 = A
    EX CW MEMORY F5 = 53
    EX CW MEMORY F6 = BC
    EX CW MEMORY F7 =
    EX CW MEMORY F8 =
;    EX CW MEMORY F11 = NextBandmap    ;    Taken care of in stdcfg.dat
    EX MEMORY ControlF4 = PR?
    EX MEMORY ControlF3 = NR?
    EX MEMORY ControlF5 = CK?
    EX MEMORY ControlF6 = SEC?

; OPERATIONAL ITEMS

;    Initial Exchange is useful in SS if have a TRMaster.dta file from
previous
;        SS contests.    It provides info on the station in the Call Window.
;        It will place in the Exchange Window the Check and Section (in
that order)
;            sent by the station in the last contest for which you have
TRMaster data.
;        If you want to change the contents or their order in the
Exchange Window use
;            Custom Initial Exchange

;    EXCHANGE MEMORY ENABLE = FALSE            ; No need to recall
exchange from previous QSO
    EXCHANGE MEMORY ENABLE = TRUE

;    Cursor position options determine where in the exchange window the
cursor is placed
;    INITIAL EXCHANGE CURSOR POS = AT START    ;    Places cursor at
leftmost position
    INITIAL EXCHANGE CURSOR POS = AT END        ;    Places cursor at
rightmost position

;    User Info Shown is very similar to Initial Exchange    except that
the data is shown
;        (read only) in a new window just below the Call Window.
;        Custom User String works the same way as Custom Initial Exchange.
;            But 6.56 Manual on p. 157 says, "... your INITIAL EXCHANGE
will be built using
;                the CUSTOM USER STRING."  Let's hope this is an error.

    CUSTOM USER STRING = QTH            ;    So you can compare section
received with previous
                                                                ;
QTH to help catch section errors.
                                                                ;
Thanks to N4GN for this one
    USER INFO SHOWN = TRUE                ;    These two statements have
to appear in the correct
                                                                ;
order or nothing will show up.

    LEADING ZEROS = 3                            ;    Pads serial
numbers less than 100 with zeros.
    SHORT INTEGERS = FALSE                ;    Can't stand "cut" numbers

;    END