[TRLog] INPUT CONFIG FILE vs STDCFG.DAT

Subject: [TRLog] INPUT CONFIG FILE vs STDCFG.DAT
From: jimsmith@shaw.ca (Jim Smith)
Date: Thu, 05 Dec 2002 14:58:00 -0800
Well, two comments.

1. Once you have your CW messages figured out, why would you want to
edit them?

2. When you make a CTRL-J change you are offered the option of saving it
in your logcfg.dat.  If you do, the change will be written to the end of
the file, i.e. after your INPUT CONFIG FILE = statement.  Next time you
restart TR it does everything that logcfg.dat says to do.  Because your
CTRL-J change is read after the .icf has been loaded it overwrites
whatever value was there before.  So, provided you save your CTRL-J
changes they will take effect the next time you start TR.

I forgot to mention another use of .icf files.  If you're running a
multi-op like, say, Field Day, then each op can have his own TR
configuration.  e.g. I bring with me to FD a floppy with VE7FO.icf on
it.  When my shift starts I press CTRL-V and, at the prompt,
A:\VE7FO.icf.  Now TR is set up the way I like it.  Next op does the
same or uses CTRL-V to load a standardized configuration.

73 de Jim Smith    VE7FO