[TRLog] TS-870 Beep

Subject: [TRLog] TS-870 Beep
From: geoiii@kkn.net (George Fremin III - K5TR)
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 09:47:18 -0800
On Mon, Jan 13, 2003 at 10:07:09PM -0800, punkymcd@postoffice.pacbell.net wrote:

> I notice when controlling my 870 with Com 2 and operating CW out of Com
> 1 that at the first keyup in CW a short beep came out of the speaker.
> Setting the parameters to discontinue controlling the radio through Com
> 2 stopped the beeping.

Is this beep from the radio or from the computer speaker?

If it is from the radio - maybe you need to turn the
beep off or the volume of it down.

I often use the shift keys to tune the RIT and/or the VFO
on my kenwood TS-850 radios.  The radio normally has a
beep for each key press and indeed will beep while
you tune the RIT with the shift keys.  My solution
was to turn the volume on the beep to zero inside the
radio so that noise does not happen.

I think there is also a beep when you clear the RIT as well.

Some contests in TR-Log have the RIT clear in the preprogramed
CW messages - this might explain why you heard it in the NAQP but
not in the CQP.

Let us know what happens.

--
George Fremin III - K5TR