[Trlog] Now you see it... and now you don't...

Subject: [Trlog] Now you see it... and now you don't...
From: vr2bg at harts.org.hk (VR2BrettGraham)
Date: Mon Mar 24 23:22:58 2003
S57AD's recent post about additional data edited into TRMASTER.DTA but
vanishing from the .ASC file after doing POST U E A reminded me that I believed
things were going missing on me, but couldn't quite recall just what it was.

Well, I found it.  POST has something against N7ET/DU7, as Dale's name never
seems to show when using TR, but when I look at the .ASC file the data is
there:

N7ET/DU7 =C27 =H19 =I50 =NDALE =QNEGROS =W14-Dec-02

I do a POST U E B, then run TR to start a new General QSO log.  Use ^J to set
SCP MINIMUM LETTERS to 3, type in N7ET/DU7 into the call window, hit alt-Z
& I see DALE NEGROS in the window below the exchange window as expected,
since General QSO defaults INITIAL EXCHANGE to NAME QTH.

Interestingly, Dale's name doesn't appear in the name window which is just
left of
the country window.  If I do an alt-Z on another call in my TRMASTER database
that has a name (example: W7WA), I have Dan's name in both the exchange &
name windows.

But if I then add:

custom user string = qth oldcall GRID user1 user2 USER3
user info shown = custom
initial exchange = none

So I can see what is in my TRMASTER database, I only get "NEGROS 14-Dec-02"
in the user info window for N7ET/DU7 & no name in the exchange window
(expected),
but still no name in the name window.

Setting INITIAL EXCHANGE = NAME QTH gets the "DALE NEGROS" back into the
exchange window, but still nothing in the name window.

Anybody else notice anything like that?

73, VR2BrettGraham