[Trlog] Re: WPX Report not recognizing some countries.

Subject: [Trlog] Re: WPX Report not recognizing some countries.
From: mike_heideman at hotmail.com (Mike Heideman)
Date: Sat Apr 5 14:34:26 2003
I also noticed that some countries show up wrong in the report.  For
example, 4U1WB (US) ends up as Syria, EM1U (Antarctica) is listed under
Ukraine, KG6 is listed under US even if it is a Guam station.

Each of these, plus the examples listed by Jim, are all prefixes that may be
in more than one country.  Since the software is trying to list each prefix
only once then it has to assign a single country to each prefix.  It ignores
the callsign-specific information in CTY.DAT and tries to find a generic
prefix for each callsign.  If there is no generic prefix listed in CTY.DAT,
for example for TO, TO3, TO4, VP, or VP2 then it reports the country as
unknown.

There's another way that this could be done which would produce a slightly
more accurate report.  Using the full CTY.DAT information each prefix could
be listed under a country that was actually worked in the contest, or in all
countries if repeated prefixes can be tolerated (maybe followed by an
asterisk).

-Mike, N7MH

P.S. TO3M is not in CTY.DAT but should be listed as Martinique.