Re: [Trlog] Help Please

To: WG0M@aol.com
Subject: Re: [Trlog] Help Please
From: Tree <tree@kkn.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 17:36:29 -0500
On Wed, Sep 24, 2003 at 06:11:05PM -0400, WG0M@aol.com wrote:
> Hi All:
> I am committed (or should be) to learning this program.  I am running 6.74
> and TRMaster.
> Can someone tell me what drives the line I see just below
>
> "Enter a callsign, space for dupe check  Alt-H for help" or the statement:
> "Your are in the search and pounce mode."
>
> and just above the line that reads
>
> F1/2-CQ F3-EX F4 73 F5-CALL F6-DECALL  ..........   etc
>
> Sometimes this line reads   "No calls found"
>
> What I see is calls that come from the TRmaster.  If there are more than one
> call, the first one is bracketed like this  <WG0M> and then more calls which
> are not bracketed.  I know these calls are calls similar in structure with
> what
> is typed in the call window.  What is the purpose of the brackets around the
> first call in a string of calls?  Is there a way to toggle over to the
> correct
> call, if it is there, and have it placed in the call window on the fly?
>
> Seems to me that this area is also shared with packet posts.  HMMmmm

It can be different things at different times.

What you are seeing when you see a bracketed call are either "partial calls"
which
come from the partial call list, or possible calls, which are slightly different
which come from the patial call list and the TRMASTER.DTA database.

The bracketed call can be moved up to the call window by pressing the ; key.
You
can move the brackets around using the , and . key (notice the left and right
arrow for the shift value of these keys).

When is says "No calls found" it means that no calls match the call entered in
the
call window.  A matched call either matches the letters you have typed in so far
(for partial calls) or are the same as a call you have entered into the call
window,
except for one character for possible calls.

Tree