Re: [Trlog] Multi-networking cabling

To: "TR-Log" <trlog@contesting.com>,"Anthony Rodgers" <arodgers@mac.com>
Subject: Re: [Trlog] Multi-networking cabling
From: "RGrace-WA6OWM" <rgrace1@adelphia.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 00:26:34 -0700
We used CAT3 UTP. Total length was 50 meters with four RJ-45 jacks spaced at
16.5 meters.
Four Laptops running W2K. One built in COM port, second COM port, Radio CAT,
supplied via USB-RS232 converter. No special RF precautions. All HF and 6
Meter Transmitter were in the 150 Watt Class. 2-meters and above used 25-50
watt tranceivers (IC-706/FT847). Antennas apx 15 meters distance. TR-Log
V6.79.

Jack 1-Pin 2 wired to Jack 3-Pin 3, Jack 3-Pin 2 wired to Jack 4-Pin 3,
Jack 4-Pin 2 wired to Jack 2-Pin 3, Jack 2-Pin 2 wired to Jack 1-Pin 3.

 Jack-1      Blue Pair          Jack-3
                     Green Pair
                                 Orange Pair
                 Jack-2                          Jack-4