[Trlog] TRmanual 6.79??

To: TR Log Reflector <trlog@contesting.com>
Subject: [Trlog] TRmanual 6.79??
From: "D. R. Evans" <N7DR@arrl.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 13:05:30 -0500

For nearly a year now, I've been working on a complete re-write of the TRmanual. I am now at the point where I would like some other people to look at it and spot the remaining errors. If you are interested in doing this, please contact me privately.

Specifically, what I am looking for is explicit, detailed feedback on:
   1. factual errors
   2. formatting errors
   3. indexing errors
   4. lack of clarity

At this point, I am not particularly looking for comments about
additional content, although any such requests are likely to be added to
the "to do" list for future revisions. They are unlikely to make it into
the release version of 6.79, though.

As of today, the 6.79?? version is available formatted only for US letter
paper. I hope to get an A4 version of 6.79?? out in the next day or two,
so if you are outside the US and are interested in helping to weed out
the errors, contact me anyway and I should ave something in a couple of
days.

Be warned that the manual (which is now formated much more like a book)
has Grown Yet Again. It now runs to about 275 pages.

One other thing: Because of the thread on the reflector late last year,
I really wanted to incorporate an Appendix on running TR under Linux.
However, from what I have been able to determine, it is in fact not
possible to have TR run under Linux and to be able to send reasonably
high-speed CW properly (say 40WPM). If someone has managed to install
and run TR on a Linux system *and has CW working properly under real
battle conditions* please let me know the details.

Depending on the amount of feedback I receive on 6.79??, TRmanual 6.79
will probably be released sometime in the next couple of weeks.

Doc N7DR