Re: [Trlog] An F Key alternative to CTRL-V?

To: "trlog@contesting.com" <trlog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Trlog] An F Key alternative to CTRL-V?
From: Jim Smith <jimsmith@shaw.ca>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2004 13:33:05 -0800
IT WORKS!!

KK1L reminded me that I have to the CTRL-C in front and the CTRL-D at the end as in:
CQ MEMORY F12 = <03>EXECUTE=newcfg.cfg<04>

Duuhhhh... Thanks Ron.

It still didn't work until I removed the spaces which I had as in:
CQ MEMORY F12 = <03>EXECUTE = newcfg.cfg<04>

Took out the spaces to agree with Ron's example and it works FB!!

BTW, the file doesn't have to have an extension at all if you don't want one. For files like this I use the .icf extension rather than .cfg (tnx Udo).

Thanks Bernie and Ron. Something new to add to my TR arsenal. I'll copy Doc on this so he can add it to the next manual update.

73, Jim VE7FO

Jim Smith wrote:

Bernie, ZS4TX, pointed out the following to me from the TR wish list:

17D. Add ability to execute specific config file via function key memory command.

Done in version 6.10, the CW command is EXECUTE=filename.

I tried this but wasn't able to get it to work. Maybe I didn't have filename in the correct directory. I searched the new manual.pdf for this command but didn't find it.

Has anybody used this or is it one of those things which were found to be more trouble than it was worth?

73, Jim VE7FO