[Trlog] TR4W

To: trlog@contesting.com
Subject: [Trlog] TR4W
From: Jari Perkiömäki <jpe@uwasa.fi>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 20:51:56 +0300
Hi Charlie,

we gave it a try in a national Finnish contest. We must remember, however, that
the software is in Beta at the moment. Here are some observations (just by
heart...):

1. Program stability seemed to be good while working CW; however, while working
SSB, it crashed 5 times during a two-hour contest... but no lost QSOs! This can
also be a configuration error because no problems on CW -- maybe?
2. Two-radio commands not implemented
3. DVK commands for an external DVK device not implemented
4. Selection of soundcards not possible (if you have more than one)
5. Communication with FT1000 works (freq, mode etc)
6. Uses the US keyboard layout only; our national chars not available although
supported in the DOS version. Not a problem for you :)
7. CW from the paddle does not sound pretty
8. Help files in Russian <grin>

Otherwise, the program seems to be very responsive. All in all, a very
respectable effort to get it working on Windoze! Not forgetting the Windows
version of POST which feels robust, too.

73 Jari OH6BG

----

Hey gang,

Has anyone tried TR4W (windoze version of TR, www.rescab.nm.ru) ??