Audio Hum

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Audio Hum
From: FSWF37A@prodigy.com ( JAMES T BRANNIGAN)
Date: Sun, 2 Feb 1997 11:42:17, -0500
For some time the locals have noticed a hum on my OMNI VI audio. I
thought it was a ground loop from the computer, TNC, SSTV,
connections. Lately it seems to be getting worse and in the past few
days I notice a hum in the speaker on receive (audio gain turned
down).

I disconnected all external wires from the radio and hooked a scope
up to the RF output.
There is 60 cycle hum present in USB and LSB but not in any other
mode. So the power supply is ruled out.

Any ideas? loose ground, bypass?
I would like to fix it here rather than send it back. The CW DX
contest is in two weeks!

73, Jim WB2TPS

PS
Tnx for the remote tuning parts. I mounted it a mini box and it works
very well. (it did not cause the hum problem)

--
FAQ on WWW:               http://www.contesting.com/TenTecFAQ.html