[TenTec] Why not rig in the middle

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Why not rig in the middle
From: joentam@transend.com.tw (JOE and TAM BV/N0IAT)
Date: Sun, 22 Jun 1997 15:50:04 +0800 (CST)
Art,
Certainly your note points out the facts of "the economics of ham radio".
Some could also argue that the point of our posts was merely fun and not a
call to action for tentec to begin production of the gear.  As a tentec
fan, and a cw op, I already know that I am in the minority as far as ham
gear preference is concerned.  I'm just greatful that TenTec is in so many
other businesses that they can afford to "dabble" in ham radio and make
non-sexy rigs for users of a non-sexy mode (CW)!

On the other hand, the face of ham radio changes daily.  Perhaps, as a
minimum, this will allow TenTec a chance to do some market research on the
next radio model that's going to be produced (whenever that may be).

With the advances in rf receiver design over the past several years, it
would be foolish to think of  a"gold" coursair run -- I see the light
coming at the end of the tunnel and it says "if it doesnt have DSP, it'll
be like the old boatanchor gear".   As a minimum, we've provided a list
of nice options on the next Scout, Omni, or whateveryocallit rig.
I think most readers of the reflector know we were halfway dreaming and
joking around when we began the "Saturn" thread.   What else would you
expect from a group of hams when the solar flux is stuck in the 70s~

Cheers to all.
Joe BV/N0IAT