[TenTec] Trade: Corsair-2 w/PS

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Trade: Corsair-2 w/PS
From: k5rov@worldnet.att.net (Jim Parsons)
Date: Sat, 01 Nov 1997 18:59:54 -0600
I have a Corsair-2 with matching power supply. This rig is spotless except
for one very slight mark on the front of the main tuning knob. The
equipment looks like it is new, just out of the factory box. It has the
full set of filters (2.4, 1.8, 500, 250).

I sent this rig to the factory on the 3rd of October for a full realignment
and overhaul. There was nothing seriously wrong, but I wanted it working at
full specs. I got it back on 31 October. They did everything I asked,
except it returned with one problem. They rebuilt the PTO, and I find the
tuning to be difficult and erratic. The dial plate locks up, and the tuning
is not smooth. There is a clicking feeling when tuned, and zero beat occurs
at different places, depending on which direction you are tuning from. I am
returning this rig on monday, for the factory to make it right. As soon as
I get it back, it will be ready for trading, and it should be first class,
inside and out.

I am looking for a GOOD Omni-V or Omni-VI. I will trade my Corsair-2 and
power supply, plus cash for one of these rigs. But, it must be first class.
And, as I operate 95 percent CW, It must be equipped with appropriate
filters.

I will trade the Corsair, all filters, power supply, manual, and all
paperwork from the factory, explaining the work done, and costs.

I would prefer a trade with someone that is within driving distance of San
Angelo, Texas. I would consider shipping, but I must have a way of being
sure I will receive the traded equipment in return. I hate to be that way,
but when you are 70, and on a fixed income, the loss would be devastating,
if I met the wrong person....and I seem to keep reading horror stories
about such occurances.

I should have this equipment returned in about three weeks, which seems to
be the normal turn-around time for Ten-Tec repair.

Best 73,

Jim, K5ROV

James (Jim), Parsons, K5ROV USAF, Ret.
k5rov@worldnet.att.net   QCWA, NWQRP, Fists, ARRL
EX: W1RLA, K5FBB, K4FEO, SV0WN (CRETE), SV0WN (RHODES),
DL4NC, DL4JP, KA2FC (JAPAN), KA2JP (JAPAN).
JOHN 3:16