[TenTec] Advice

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Advice
From: kk5ib@insolwwb.net (Darryl J. Kelly)
Date: Sat, 29 Nov 1997 17:38:09 -0800
----------
> From: Jim and Kate Belt <jkbelt@spiritone.com>
> To: TenTec Operation & Use <TenTec@contesting.com>
> Subject: [TenTec] Advice
To: <tentec@contesting.com>
> Date: Saturday, November 29, 1997 9:06 AM

Jim,
Please don't buy a Scout for its audio quality. I love my Scout,
but in spite of its audio. I works well mobile, where it is now,
portable and as a spare. My base rig is a Yaesu FT-840, and
it is of course quieter on receive. I do use a digital filter with
both rigs when they are used as the base station, and that
helps them both. The Scout is a fun radio, but I really wouldn't
want to use it full time as a base station. I think of it more as
a scaled up QRP rig rather than a scaled down big rig. Hope
this is of interest and helpful.
73,
Darryl, KK5IB
kk5ib@insolwwb.net