[TenTec] Calibration

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Calibration
From: William.E.Dumas@Co.Ramsey.MN.US (William E. Dumas 266-3407)
Date: Wed, 03 Dec 1997 08:02:39 -0500 (CDT)
    I'm running a Century/22, and seem to a calibration problem.
    I tune in to WWV at 10.000, and am right on the money as to the reading
    on the dial.  I tune in to ARRL voice broadcast on what sould be 7.290,
    but my dial reads 7.284+.  A QSO on 40m confirms this (started it all)
    with my dial reading 7.111, and the receiving station having me zero-beat
    at 7.115.  A QSO on 15m, my dial says I'm at 21.097, but the other
    station has me zero-beat at 21.105.
    Is it possible for calibration to be off by different amounts on
    different bands?  Is this something that I can correct, or attempt, or
    this best left for TenTec?
    Any help/advice would be appreciated.

    73,
    Bill / KB0LAO