[TenTec] Any T-Kit builders?

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Any T-Kit builders?
From: RSDEPUTY@aol.com (RSDEPUTY)
Date: Wed, 8 Apr 1998 23:16:08 EDT

<< Have you noticed this problem with your 1320? >>

Hello Mike. Actually, I don't have experience with the 1320. I built the 1220,
which is a synthesized 2 meter mobile. It is rock solid and doesn't seem to
vary with temperature. The reference oscillator warp adjustment is a bit too
touchy for my liking, but it can be centered with a steady hand and some
patience. My only experiences with other brands HF QRP equipment has always
included a certain amount of drift, though. In fact, some of the Ramsey stuff
I built in the past was also sensitive to hand capacitance. If you reached up
to turn the tuning knob, the frequency would slip and when you took your hand
away, it would slip the opposite direction. Very annoying. I also attempted to
build a DIck Smith kit 80 meter SSB/AM/CW mobile. That was a total disaster!

I plan to be buying more Ten Tec kits this year, so let's try to keep a
dialogue going on this. I think we all can learn from each other's struggles.

Thanks!

73, Robin (KE9SQ)
RSDeputy@aol.com