[TenTec] Kenmore and more

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Kenmore and more
From: winjones@ix.netcom.com (Winston F. Jones)
Date: Mon, 11 May 1998 20:09:37 -0500 (CDT)
I enjoyed reading the suggestions about Ten-Tec products being sold in
Radio Shack stores.

I'm an enthusiastic user of both Ten-Tec and Radio Shack. I have a
Corsair, 229 tuner and several Ten-Tec QRP items. I also have a Radio
Shack HTX-202 HT which is great.

While I'd like to be able to buy Ten-Tec at Radio Shack stores, I have
a feeling it wouldn't be practical. I assume that Ten-Tec left its
dealer network in 1992 so it could sell direct and give buyers a price
break. I'm sure this was done to help Ten-Tec better compete with the
imports. I would think that a dealer arrangement with Radio Shack would
result in higher product prices. The question is: Would Ten-Tec buyers
be willing to pay extra in order to have the products available at
Radio Shack stores? Maybe, maybe not. I might pay some premium, but not
a lot.

Winston K4CWQ