[TenTec] Corsair II sidetone

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Corsair II sidetone
From: chestert@pressroom.com (Chester Alderman)
Date: Thu, 03 Sep 1998 13:32:33 -0400
No Bob. A Corsair UJT monitor generator puts out a square wave. A square
wave sounds like a 'buzz saw'! If you can't hear it, someone has either
modified your Corsair before you got it, or you can't hear anything above
about 1kc! The only way you can make a square wave sound decent is by
filtering out all of the even and odd harmonics.

At 08:41 AM 9/3/98 -0500, you wrote:

>Jim,
>
>It sounds like your sidetone is malfunctioning
>I have a Corsair I and the sidetone is nice and clean.
>I'll have to check my schematic to see what might be the
>problem. Maybe there is a filter or wave shaping network
>on the oscillator that is faulty.
>
>    73,         Bob WB2VUF

Chester Alderman
 * Tom - - W4BQF*