[TenTec] Offest tuning range in Triton IV

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Offest tuning range in Triton IV
From: Michael O. Hyder" <N4NT@bnoc.net (Michael O. Hyder)
Date: Sat, 19 Sep 1998 13:30:30 -0400
Hi Lane.  Instead of replacing the pot, suggest you consider
adding a resistor to one of the legs so it will not cover such a
wide range.  You will need to look at the schematic to see which
leg, and then balance the internal pot with the external one as
to frequency setting.

About the foggy dial glass. . .  Those dial glasses in the
Triton are a smoky brown color.  If you remove the glass, you
can clean it with Windex, but you have to remove the front panel
to get to the back side.  If the glass is scuffed up, you can
restore it to transparent with a stuff called Wright's Silver
Cream -- a pink stuff available in grocery stores.  Do not use
the liquid version which I think they call 'Silver Lotion.'  If
all else fails, write me back.

The dial glass used in the Omni rigs was of a different color,
had more of a gray-blue tint to it.  I put one in a Triton once
and did not like the fact that I could see details behind it
that I didn't want to see.

Regards,  Mike      N4NT@bigfoot.com
     Michael O. Hyder
     401 E Holston Ave