[TenTec] Status Report

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Status Report
From: w4gd@bellsouth.net (John W. Morris)
Date: Tue, 03 Nov 1998 17:03:39 -0500
Thanks to all who sent me suggestions as to possible reasons for my OMNI
VI's sudden loss of transmit capability.

After a few conversations with Ten-Tec service personnel, it has been
decided that most likely there is a problem with my drivers or finals.
It is now enroute to Sevierville. They said that their turnaround time
is running about 2 weeks at present. So, hopefully I will have it back
in time for the CQ WW CW weekend.

I called the service number, 423-428-0364 three different times in all.
Each time the phone was answered directly by a technician. I did not
have to go through a switchboard or wait on hold listening to elevator
music. The technician gave me a few things to check out prior to making
the decision that I should send it in.

FYI, mine is serial number 1A10553. I bought it new in March, 1993. This
is its second trip to Sevierville for repairs. It made a third trip up
there for the Option 3 upgrades.

73, John, W4GD