[TenTec] PTO rebuild problem

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] PTO rebuild problem
From: aas@vectorbd.com (Al Scanandoah)
Date: Mon, 4 Jan 1999 17:35:21 +0000 (UTC)
For those of you who have rebuilt PTOs in the past, have any of you ever
experienced what appears to be some sort of mechanical instability which
results in frequency warbling and/or jumping while tuning, but things
are stable once you let go of the knob?  I don't notice any binding or
slipping.

I had no problems with my C/22, but my Argosy is giving me nothing but
trouble, even after a couple of careful teardown/reassemble sessions.

Yes, I made sure to keep my fingers off the knob's aluminum center insert.

Tnx - Al, wa2vez