[TenTec] omni VI

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] omni VI
From: paulc@mediaone.net (Paul Christensen)
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 1999 14:46:31 -0500
>There are a host of people out there, with no lives, who will carp and
>complain about anything.

And then there are those of us who have lives, careers and families who
enjoy making something good even better.

The Omni Six/Six Plus is an excellent transceiver.  I also own a Yaesu
FT-1000MP and Kachina 505DSP and I like them very much for different
reasons.  However, guess which radio is and has been front-and-center at
W9AC for six years?  True, no radio is perfect and these three are no
exception.  Please keep in mind that the CW chirp and dirty note is not
charachteristic of every Omni Six.  Everyone's pitch-shift perception and
tolerance to this effect is different.  I have heard some really bad
sounding Omni Sixes and some that sound every bit as good as the older
Ten-Tecs.

For those of us who see this as a problem, we have to look outside the
factory for help.  In my opinion, that's one of the purposes of this
reflector.

73,

-Paul, W9AC

I know of a guy who held up the standard